• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

my poo is sticky

A

anon789523

k this is a very gross topic so do not read it if you don't want to be grossed out. I talk about going to the bathroom and taking a crap in it. Mod or whoevers in charge please move this to the healthy living forum.

ok I have this issue where sometimes I'll go to the bathroom and my stool is sticky. I'll go to the bathroom normally and everything's fine and normal since I eat lots of fiber, stay hydrated, and then I'll go again and it's a bit sticky.

I don't have sticky poo all the time or daily but sometimes it can happen like the other night it did after I had a pretty empty stomach and I ate some prunes after drinking some green tea before bed.

I did tell a doctor about this and she said how I'm probably OK as long as it's not completely sticky all the time and there's no blood in it which there's not.

I do drink as many as 3 strong cups of coffee a day and up to 5 cups of tea. Sometimes I won't eat a lot of food during the day either I'm not anorexic but more like I'll just have a light breakfast, some fresh fruit at work and tea there and then go home and eat dinner a few hours later.

Has anyone else here ever had this issue? What did you do about it?

You need to be eating more. You don't have to eat a lot at a time, but you need to be eating (snacking if you will) more often than you are. I know you feel like you're eating plenty, but that's because your body had become accustomed to the amount of food you've been giving it. Fiber is great. It fills you up and keeps things moving. Add some healthy fats and green veggies. Eat a handful of almonds every now and then. Make up a trail mix with raisins, granola, and nuts. Find the stinkiest rotten smelling cheese you can find and eat a little now and then. Have a glass of milk. Just think of quick things you can have every couple of hours. You'll notice yourself getting hungrier after a few days of that. Broccoli, carrots, celery (lemon/lime juice, natty peanut butter, hummus) < for taste. If you eat meat, eat fish a couple times a week. If not, make sure your diet has some good fats (google DHA and EPA.)

It may be completely unrelated, but diet would be the first thing I'd check. What goes in must come out : )

Has this just started?

Like this person mentioned, my shit situation gets sticky when I don't eat a lot. I'm a vegetarian so my shit is usually plentiful and positively perfect, but lately I've been stressing about moving out of my current apartment. I've been eating a few hundred calories a day and my shit is pretty shitty. Eat more.

Very simple-- eat more fiber. My shit gets sticky when I'm in places like Italy, where it's all bread and pasta. My boyfriend's does too. You simply need to get some fruit and vegetables in with your meals. Brown rice helps a lot too.

Might not be your issue- but certain foods promote gooey poop- one of the more common culprits is a lot of chocolate. Adequate hydration-lots of water- can lessen sticky BMs. With recurrent digestive and elimination problems it often takes keeping a diet journal to pinpoint actual causes for a given individual.

Caffeine won't help your cause.

Quit the coffee and replace it with water. :)

sticky shit is usually cause of too much fiber. yes fiber is bad in excess dont be fooled by the health cultists that fiber is always good

Fiber in excess IS bad. But this would actually mean you would have to be eating something that is devoid of other food consistency (e.g. flavor), which is a rare endeavor for human beings. It is maybe like eating bark, or eating those Ak-Mak fiber cardboard cookies without butter/oil and some water to help it along.

So yeah, for sticky poo (which is, to be graphic, poo that sticks to the porcelain and doesn't come off the wall with the flush), fiber is good.

Everything in excess is bad. The key word is moderation.